FSU Home  

Ashley Gray
Assistant Radiation Safety Officer

Alternate Contacts

Marvin Woods
Assistant Director

Main Office

EHS / Research Support and Environmental Compliance / Biological Safety / Request for Approval of a Temporary Food Event

If your organization plans to host an event on FSU’s campus in which food will be served to the general public, a Food Permit is required. Examples of these events include bake sale, information sessions, open meetings, or any other gathering where food will be offered to individuals who are not members of your organization. Food Permit requests collect specific information about the food that will be served as well as vendor and serving information. The Biological Safety Office reviews each Food Permit request and provides guidance in order to ensure that your event is both safe and successful.

Before submitting a request, please read through the following information regarding FSU’s food service policy.

The Biological Safety Office requires Food Permits for events in order to meet the standards set forth by Florida Administrative Code Chapter 64E-11 regarding food hygiene, specifically referencing “temporary food service events.” In addition to the requirements in 64E-11.009, temporary food service events must abide by the following policies:

Depending on the nature of the event, and the food items served, the Biological Safety Office may impose additional requirements. By submitted a Food Permit request, you are agreeing to abide by these regulations.

To submit a Food Permit request:

For recognized student organizations, create an event through your RSO’s page in Nole Central:

For FSU departments or outside organizations, fill out an easy online form at:

These links direct you to FSU’s Nole Central system where you submit an Event Permit request. The Event Permit request gathers all of your event details, including location, expected attendance, and food plans. By filling out an Event Permit request entirely and accurately, you are also automatically completing a Food Permit request. All of the information is captured through the Nole Central system – there is not a separate, standalone Food Permit request form.

After your request has been submitted, you will be contacted through the Nole Central system by the Biological Safety Office. You will receive one of the following: an approval, a denial, or a request for additional information. Check the Nole Central system regularly in order to ensure that all requested information is received. If you have questions about the status of your Food Permit, contact the Biological Safety Office.

Requests must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to your event. Requests that are not submitted on time may not be approved.

You can find additional information about FSU's temporary food service policy in the Safety Manual.

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Biological Safety Office assistance.

Helpful links: